View Business Info print email to a friend close
Morris P. Hebert, Inc.
Survey Party Chief/Instrumentman
Purpose: The Party Chief is responsible for the overall management of the survey crew, works under the direction of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator, serves as client liaison, is responsible for the safety of the crew and equipment, manages computations, and maintains safety standards.
Purpose: The Instrument man operates and maintains all survey equipment, work under the direction of the Party Chief, collects and downloads survey data, directs loading and storage of equipment and maintains safety standards. The role of the Instrument man is to assist the Party Chief as directed.
Work Schedule: Nominal 10 hours per day; Monday through Saturday; Overtime may be required on short notice to attempt to meet project deadlines.
- Performs necessary survey as per request of Project Manager
- Overall management of survey crew
- Consults with Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator
- Informs crew of necessary equipment and job requirements
- Assures compliance with crew safety policy and procedures
- Consults with client, inspectors, contractors, property owners and company representative
- Job organization and required paperwork.
- Communicates with and trains employees
- Evaluation of employee potential, initiative and dedication
- Designation of equipment care and maintenance to crew
- Responsible for safe operation off all company equipment and vehicles
- Calculations and traverse closures
- Identify and follow all safe work procedures
- Conduct daily tail gate safety meeting
- Complete paper work required by MPH, clients, etc. (JSEA, Daily logs, boat logs, etc.)
- Consult with project manager to discuss project
- Consult with instrument man to discuss project needs relative to equipment, materials, and supplies
- Insure that instrument man and rodman duties have been completed prior to mobilizing to project site
- Consult with client, inspectors, contractors, property owners and company representatives as needed
- Discuss project with field crew
- Have working knowledge of the operation of all MPH surveying equipment
- Have working knowledge of survey calculations
- Prepare field notes
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans, maps, and legal descriptions
- Communication with and training of subordinate employees
- Monitor job safety
- Evaluation of employee knowledge, potential, initiative and dedication Essential Qualifications:
- * Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, rugged terrain such as marsh, swamp, wooded areas, on boats, airboats, marsh/swamp buggies
- Is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time. * Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Ability to concentrate and simultaneously adapt to changing priorities on a regular basis.
The Party Chief & Instrument Operator works in a field environment.
Morris P. Hebert, Inc. offers an extensive Benefits Package and competitive compensation.
MPH, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Business Name: Morris P. Hebert, Inc. Street: 283 Corporate Drive City/State/Zip: Houma, Louisiana 70360 Local Phone: (985) 879-2731 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website Address: http://www.mphinc.com